Corporate responsibility has been part of our every day business ever since we opened Hotel Hyppeis. It is concrete steps towards a better future.
• Purchases: We purchase products only from reliable partners who respect the responsible values. We prefer local and domestic products.
• Chemicals: All our room are accept by the allergy foundation and our cleaning service uses Only fragrance free cleaners.
• Intermediate cleaning: By your wish we can skip the intermediate cleaning and we change the towels during your stay only by your request.
• Sorting of waste: In our hotel rooms it's possible for you to sort waste to mixed waste and bio waste. Bottles with deposit, metal and glass – you can leave on the table so during the cleaning we can do the sorting of the waste.
• Quality: Our intention is to ensure superior quality every step of the way - from farm to table.
• Reliable partners: We only work in partnership with the suppliers whose products we can trace. We know exactly where your food is coming from.
• Food safety: We are regularly visited by food safety inspectors, who guarantee that all our food is prepared in a safe and hygienic environment.
• Local food: We use locally grown food always when it is possible.
• Organic: We have minimum of 6 organic products we use in our kitchen.
• Re-used furniture and textiles: Most of our furniture and textiles are old treasures, that have found new home in our hotel.
• New life: Bed linen and towels we can’t use anymore will be woven to carpets for our hotel room.
• Cleaning: We have increased cleaning in the public areas.
• Social distance: We ensure that the rules for social distance are respected.
• We follow the guidelines provided by local health authorities.
• Diversity and inclusivity: We cherish a culture where all people are valued and respected.
• Zero tolerance: We have zero tolerance to any discrimination.
• We speak gay: We are part of the LGBTQ community (click in the logo to read more)
• Saving the water: We will install water saving showers to all of our rooms.
• More organic: We intend to increase the number of gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan and organic alternatives even further.
• Bio waste: We investigate how we can finance a quick bio composter in our kitchen.
• Cotton pads: Instead of kertakäyttövanulaput our customers can pay reusable cotton pads for their own use.
Green Start label means that we are committed to increasing environmental awareness among our staff and our guests, as well as increasing energy efficiency, reducing water consumption as well as the environmental burden within our own industry of hotel accommodation.
We are on our way towards achieving the Sustainable Travel Finland label. The label is awarded by Visit Finland for companies that have undergone the whole programme and fulfilled the criteria about sustainable and responsible tourism.
• We are behind 3 ferries (all free of charge) from the mainland and Parainen, about 90 km from Turku and 250 km from Helsinki. Take the road 180 from Parainen and then drive through Nauvo and Korppoo to reach Houtskari.
• When in Houtskari, continue 9 km towards Näsby, then turn left to Hyppeis. After 6 km you’ll see our hotel on the left side (a white house by the sea).
• If you are coming from Iniö and Mossala, continue through Mossala and Björkö islands towards Turku. Turn right (not to Näsby) and continue towards Hyppeis (not to Turku). After 6 km you’ll see our hotel on the left side (a white house by the sea).
• The nearest buss stops are in Träsk (6 km from us or in Näsby village (7 km from us). Take contact, if you need a taxi ride from the bus stop.
• The coordinates to our harbor are 60°12.794’N 21°16.664’E • Number of buoys:10
• Length of the pier: 30 meters
• For more exact description on how to arrive see the map.
• Despite the instructions on how to arrive to our harbor you are responsible for the safe navigation to our harbor.